The Alumni Association promotes and supports the School of Medicine of Loma Linda University, its faculty, students, and global alumni community in charitable, religious, educational, and scientific activities. Learn more here about how we serve our school and alumni.
A Message From Your new Executive Director:
Hello Alumni and Friends,
I hope 2014 is off to a great start for each of you! I am continuing to focus on familiarizing myself with the many facets of my position as your Executive Director and I look forward to this coming year with great excitement and enthusiasm. Having joined the team at the most challenging time of the year has its advantages in that I know if we, as a team, can make it through these next months leading up to APC successfully, there should be no limit to the number of demanding, yet fulfilling and worthwhile projects that we can accomplish together in the future!
Just to let you know, the current issue of the Alumni Journal should reach you in the next day or two, your registration packets should be in the mail within the next two weeks, and if everything goes as planned, you should be able to register for APC online by January 15.
Please feel free to call, email, or stop by our offices for a visit anytime. As I have mentioned before, I know I speak for myself as well as the rest of the Alumni Association team when I say we are excited to hear about the things you are doing and would enjoy finding out more about you and the ways in which you are uniquely using your gifts and talents!
C. Leann Ashlock
APC 2014 Update:
If you would like to register offline for APC, contact A.T. Tuot at extension 47189 and he will be happy to assist you. Also, look for your registration packets to arrive by mail in late January. We are looking forward to seeing you all at APC 2014!
- One of our very own alumni is missing. Please help find Teleka Patrick, MD ‘13, last seen Dec. 5 in Kalamazoo, Michigan in the parking lot of Borgess Medical Center. We are asking anyone who may have seen Teleka or has any information on her whereabouts to call the Indiana State Police at 219-696-6242 OR the Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Department at 269-383-8748. Please keep both Teleka and the Patrick family in your prayers. If you would like to help the family financially, please visit www.gofundme.com/findteleka.
- Take the 2013 Alumni Survey and be entered to win an iPad Mini.
- Learn about the 500 for 100 Campaign and how you can make a difference!
- “Loma Linda’s Got Talent” is coming APC 2014!
- Save the date now for APC 2014 March 7-10.
- Looking for a new job? Check out these physician listings!
- Join us for an adventure July 11-21, 2014–Alaska and Yukon Gold Rush Tour!
- Save the date for these upcoming alumni events: Kettering, OH on April 12, 2014.
Evening Rounds Now Available:
Looking for a new devotional book for 2014? Evening Rounds is now available on Amazon.com, at The Campus Store at Loma Linda University and Loma Linda University Medical Center Gift Shop. For more information, click here. Take a moment to watch Evening Rounds: Haiti Story, a short video below featuring January the 12th’s daily devotional written and narrated by Dr. Scott Nelson.
- Internist Needed: There is a volunteer opportunity in Malawi to fill in for Internal Medicine physician Dr. David Saunders ’06 at Blantyre Adventist Hospital while he is on furlough April 9 to June 11 in 2014. If you are interested, please contact Dr. Saunders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Practitioner Needed: There is a volunteer opportunity in Cameroon to fill in for Family Practice physician Dr. Trixy Colwell ’06 at Beau Adventist Hospital while she is on furlough April 27 to May 10. The hospital has six full-time nurses. It is mostly outpatient care with a few inpatients and some deliveries. If you are interested, please contact Dr. Colwell at email@example.com.